Sunday, March 25, 2012

Downtube's tire

I'm still waiting for my new rims, but I wanted to get back on the road, so I patched the front tire yesterday.  Turns out I hit a patch of orange glass and a piece went right through the tread and took out the tube.  I hope my new Kojak's race-guard is more puncture proof.  I'm surprised I didn't loose all my air while still on the bike.  The patch was easy and I put a second patch on the tire itself as a makeshift boot.

While I was at it, I added the rack and one of the baskets I ordered.  I took a trip to trader joes with the basket and biked back to school.  The bike handled like a pig due to the added unbalanced weight.  and the steel rack and folding basket is easy to feel when you pick it up.  The rack does make carrying it considerably easier, so it's a pretty much of a tradeoff.  I'll post more about the rack and how it went on in a later post when I have some new pictures. 

1 comment:

  1. Just an FYI: My downtube Nova's come in 2 varieties, 25 mph legal electric and 49 mph WAY illegal electric. They do however share one thing in common: Primo Comet Kevlar tires, it's the best upgrade I've ever made to any of the downtube line (or others for that matter), going to Kevlar - Schwalbe Marathon Plus would do it as would Big Apple 2.0 Kevlar - Stock Kenda in road use will just continue to get flats - something which has never happened to me since I went to Kevlar tires, no matter what I've had to traverse.

    Hope it helps !
    Mike

    ReplyDelete