Friday, February 10, 2012

2011 Gary Fisher Update

I managed to crash the bike on monday after a sharp turn at speed.  The front wheel did a 180 and probably pinched.  I think the rim is a bit bent, but other than that, the bike seems in good shape considering.

I basically went pavement surfing for a few feet underneath the bike with the gearing side facing the pavement.  I'm surprised the derailleur hanger isn't bent.  Chain lept off the gears, but that wasn't a problem to get back on.

The default tires are pretty easy to get on and off the rims, so fixing flats on the road won't be too bad.
Turns out my 15 minute crash course in tire repair 7 years ago stuck and the repair is good.
Anyway, banged up my knee and palm something fierce so I haven't ridden it since, but I'll be taking it to the LBS soon to get it checked out.

In other related news, I bought a Downtube Nova folding bike on Monday and it should get here by next week.  I got the green version.  Somehow I really like that color, even though I wouldn't buy anything else green if my life depended on it.

A review and comprehensive spec update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment